Together with four makers of color, I am delighted to offer companion kits for the We Need Diverse Books & Yarn club.
While the moderated discussion club is sold out, I'm delighted to bring back the kit, now themed to our second book, so you can read and study independently.
This kit is a companion to Harbor Me by Jacqueline Woodson, the second book for the club. Robin, the talented dyer behind Birch Hollow Fibers, has created the yarn, and it is a gentle and powerful interpretation of the innocence at the core of each young person.
In your kit will be:
• One skein of "Innocence" by Birch Hollow Fibers4-ply sock | fingering weight
• “We Knit” wool felt project bag made by Little Skein. This is a new style of project bag: it still has our signature custom illustrated fabric, but adds a luxurious 100% wool felt top (perfect for showing off enamel pins), a built-in handle, and it is completely reversible. Even more wonderful, you choose the wool felt color you want.
• Themed stitch markers made by Little Skein
• #weneeddiversebooks mug by Ideal Bookshelf showing @spinesandvines' picks for an ideal diverse bookshelf
• Self-guided reflection questions for the book, with tips and resources for deepening your anti-racism workPlease note: This is a preorder and kits will ship in approximately 4 weeks.