Maybe, like me, you find the ocean to be your happy place. A beach, cool sand, rhythmic ocean waves: these sounds and sights calm me like nothing else. I am so lucky to live in San Francisco, a few miles from the ocean and that magical intersection of sea, sky, sun and fog that is Northern California.
This collection of knitwear designs is the combined talent of 9 Bay Area designers and 9 yarn dyers who, together, represent our San Francisco ethos that art is powerful and justice and equality is critical.
Kits for Undulation Mitts
I am so excited by the Undulation Mitts my paired designer, Ksenia Naidyon, created with my yarn. They resemble the beautiful ripples made when a stone in water, and they make this plump fingering weight yarn shine. It's a 3-ply, so the cables and undulations look round, bouncy and warm.
I have created three kinds of kits for you:
1. Yarn only: one beautiful, single skein of my Smooth Sock in the exact speckled colorway Ksenia used.
2. Yarn & pattern: a single skein, plus the pattern sent to you via email or Ravelry.
3. A luxe kit with:
- 1 skein of Shining Waters on my Smooth Sock base
- Moss spell progress marker, handmade by me with foraged moss from my very own back yard
- Set of Big Sur stitch markers
As always, your kit comes beautifully packaged as a gift to yourself.
Mitten design & photos by Ksenia Naidyon
Undulation mitts: on designer's website | on Ravelry