Mary Poppins is ever organized, practical, and ready for anything.
She also knows that magic is just beneath the surface of any adventure, and is ready to embrace it with aplomb. Bring a bit of Mary into your life with the Supercalifragilistic shawl kit.
The centerpiece is Strike Me Pink! (a favorite expression of Mary's, which she said when she was especially pleased): a semi-circular shawl that is a sweet and sentimental nod to Mary's iconic umbrella. Designed by Karalee Harding with umbrella-esque spines, this two-color shawl has bands of soothing stockinette, whimsical daisy lace, and a knitted-on edging that echoes Mary's jolly parasol. Strike Me Pink! is highly wearable (as the practical Mary would insist upon) and beautifully feminine (as the somewhat vain Mary would also demand). It's an easy knit and perfect for adventurous beginners as well as more advanced knitters.
The kit features a mix-and-match palette of four exclusive yarn colorways created for Little Skein by Highland Handmades, project bags in an original fabric with specially-commissioned illustrations, and a host of handmade treasures, all designed to delight and surprise you.
There are three types of kits from which to choose, with something at all price points. Choose the one you want and customize your options in the menus above. Your kit will arrive beautifully packaged and ready to delight you, in a hard-sided box.
- Two skeins of luscious MCN fingering weight yarn hand-dyed by Highland Handmades: Choose your two favorite colors from the Supercalifragilistic palette:
80% superwash merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon
465 yards | 100 grams
- Original project bag: Our newest fabric was created just for this kit by the wonderful artist and knitter, Janelle Coury, with original illustrations and hand-lettering to remind you that anything can happen if you let it! A drawstring bag is included at the base price and you can also upgrade to a different size bag, if you prefer. Choose from two exterior color prints and two original interior prints.
- Spoonful of Sugar: These handmade sugar scrub cubes are perfect to help knitters and fiber artists keep your hands soft, exfoliated and ready to work with delicate yarns like cashmere. They are subtly scented with pumpkin spice.
- Bookmark: Laser cut from blonde bamboo and hand-finished with a gentle varnish, this ruler and bookmark reminds you of the most important measurements in Mary's world.
- Progress marker: A wee handmade parrot (made by me out of polymer clay) will help you keep track of your knitting progress by attaching to your knitting with a secure lobster claw clasp. (Not pictured.)
- Your choice of stitch markers in one of 7 Mary Poppins-inspired designs.
- Knitterly greeting card: You'll get a beautifully printed greeting card in our latest literary inspiration, blank inside and with a knitting-themed outside, ready to send to a knitting friend to express your mutual crafting delight.
Luxe kits have a built-in discount when compared to the individual price of each item.
If you want to knit Strike Me Pink! with the kit yarn but don't want a luxe kit, begin with a yarn and pattern kit and customize from there. You'll receive the PDF pattern and Ravelry code, plus two skeins of MCN fingering weight yarn hand-dyed by Highland Handmades. Just choose your two favorite colors from the Supercalifragilistic palette and add to your cart anything else you'd like to include in your kit.
Our "Knit from Stash" kits are popular with knitters who already have a healthy stash of yarn. Choose two skeins from your stash (and be mindful that Strike Me Pink! requires 450 yards of each color), and begin with a Knit from Stash kit. The base price of $64 includes:
- Strike Me Pink! PDF pattern and Ravelry code
- Drawstring project bag
- A set of Mary Poppins-themed stitch markers
- Handmade polymer clay progress marker
- Bamboo bookmark
You can customize and add additional options from this starting point.
Mary's palette yarn is dyed-to-order and will ship within two to four weeks. About Kit artists "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney When I...
About Kit artists My "Parrot Talk" progress marker is made-to-order, so please allow 2 weeks for me to make and ship your parrot. This tiny parrot will mark your...
About Kit artists Keep your hands soft and exfoliated with a "spoonful of sugar." I am a fan of sugar scrubs for keeping my hands soft and ready to...
Supercalifragilistic stitch markers are made-to-order and will ship in 3-5 business days. About Kit artists Remember Mary, Bert, and all of their adventures as you knitOur Mary Poppins-inspired...