A Little Skein project bag is for the knitter who loves making and reading with equal passion.
You put your knitting and your time into a project bag, and we put in kindness, good feelings, and an authentic connection to a story you love.
• Be inspired every day. You don’t need a special occasion to use special things. A Little Skein bag is like a favorite book that fills you with happy memories every time you see it.
• Delight in beauty. Our handmade touch is distinct, from covered zipper ends to fully enclosed seams. When you use your Little Skein bag, you will know that it has been made with expert care, designed to last for years.
• Feel good about what you buy. We believe in people who work creatively, and we put these values into everything we do. Your project bag is made by a team who are compensated fairly for their expert craftsmanship, from the artist who draws the illustration to the person who hand-wraps your bag.
Size info and more on the tabs (above).
Each knitter’s process is as unique to them as their final project so we make project bags that suit how you like to knit. There are options for knitters who like to travel light, who need a bigger bag to keep their supplies all together, or who want to add a just little more to their project bag like a book or notions pouch.
• Ideal for very large projects – sweaters, blankets, or even multiple WIPs
• Holds 20+ skeins of yarn. Seriously, this bag holds a lot of knitting.
• 14” wide, 8” tall and 9” deep with a rectangular base
• Capacity of approx. 1035 cubic inches
• Interfaced with extra-lofty fleece, which lets the bag squish down so it can be folded and stored away safely, but enough heft to stand upright when full.
• Drawstring closure to keep your project safe from little hands (or paws)
• Built-in fabric handles so you can carry your bucket wherever you need to
Care for your Little Skein bag like you would a fine sewn garment. Use it with pleasure, take care to keep it clean, and know that it can be washed when needed. If your bag ever gets stained, I recommend spot cleaning with a Tide stick. If you need to wash it, machine wash on gentle cycle with a mild detergent and cold water wash/cold water rinse. Let dry naturally and iron with a very hot iron. More advice on washing are in my FAQ.
Do you have allergies? I keep a well-organized and sparkling studio, without scents or stray threads. But, the studio is also beagle-friendly. I keep Molly safely away from sewing and packing, but if you are highly allergic to dogs, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.
I love this bag, just the right size and already have gotten a lot of compliments.
I can sew, and do sew, but this bucket is a great treat. If I could only pick one Little Skein fabric, the Knit, Purl, Fog canvas would be it. The drawstring top discourages my 14 month old Golden from immediately grabbing skeins of yarn. At my house yarn gets "Charlied" instead of "Beagled." 😉 The bucket holds copious amounts of yarn, and while I am not silly enough to leave it on the floor (Charlie thinks the drawstring is pretty cool too), it makes a nice change from the numerous plastic containers I have been using since he came to live with us in August! Thank you for another beautiful and completely functional bag.
I'd been hunting around for a large project bag that would be big enough to house a sweater project without feeling crammed full of notions and yarn. This one is fantastic! I will definitely be buying another to keep my smaller project bags together in my family room - the bag is beautiful, the drawstring top is convenient, and it's all-around a winner. So glad I splurged on this!
The quality on this sweater bucket is phenomenal. The fabric on the outside is stronger and thicker to hold up to wear, and the stitching is strong. And it's huge! I currently use it to carry 3 of my WIPs, two of which are sweaters, and it holds them all with room to spare. So happy I bought this!
This my second Sweater Bucket bag. This has all my ongoing knitting projects in it thus eliminating everything shoved in a plastic box in zip lock bags. It is next to my chair in the living room and the cats can't get into it! The bag is beautifully made and very fast service. Thanks, Anne, for another great bag =^.^= Denise