Whimsical fabric, classic design. My drawstring project bags are perfect for a one or two skein knitting project.
My drawstring project bags have plenty of room for one and two skein projects. Your yarn and your work-in-progress will easily fit inside, and it will cinch tight with a grosgrain ribbon and cordlock drawstring, to keep little hands (or little paws) away from your knitting.
I use a midweight fabric for this style of project bag: my signature cotton-linen fabric if it's a custom-printed fabric or an oxford cloth style if it's a Japanese fabric. I pair the exterior fabric with a coordinating canvas bottom to give the bag a bit of extra structure and durability, and also to highlight the focal fabric. I then line the project bag with a whimsical and coordinating quilting cotton print.
Want a handle? If you'll be carrying the project bag by itself, you might want to add a wristlet handle for $5 to your order. I usually pop my project bag into my purse, so almost always forgo the handle; it really is an optional addition. Wristlet handles are 9 inches long from tip to tip, with a 1 inch swivel clasp that clips onto the bag's word ring and a 6 inch fabric open loop.
Handles are sewn to order, so please allow an extra two to three days for your order to ship.
- Unfortunately, I do not have matching fabric remaining for a matching handle for this bag, but will sew a solid canvas version that matches the bag's bottom.
This project bag was created with the following options:
Exterior fabric: Custom-printed cotton-linen fabric (Little Skein exclusive)
Canvas bottom: Black
Interior fabric: Coordinating quilting cotton print
Word ring says: HAPPINESS or JOY
My drawstring project bags:
- Are approx. 10" to 11" tall and 10" wide when the bag is flat, with a 5" by 5" square base. Please note: custom-printed fabrics are a wee bit narrower than commercial fabrics, so these bags have a slightly smaller base, approximately 4.5" by 4.5"
- Are made of 100% cotton or cotton/linen fabric
- Include a "word ring" that can be used as a connector for other bags or handles.
- Are machine stitched with beautiful top-stitching and fully enclosed seams
- Are created with love in a kid-friendly, dog-friendly, and smoke-free studio. (Our beagle pup, Molly, doesn't help with sewing, but she's around the studio so if you are highly allergic, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.)
Each bag is carefully handcrafted, so you should expect there to be some variation in fabric placement, as well as minor variations in size or shape. Your satisfaction is very important to me. Please let me know if you're not completely delighted with your purchase.
Inspire a knitting friend to reach out into the great wide somewhere. Great Wide Somewhere is the latest in our collection of literary-themed cards for knitters. It features original...
These are in very limited quantity but I am expecting more charms to arrive soon. Please add your email address to be notified when "Be Our Guest" progress markers are...
Celebrate the classic fairy tale, Beauty and the Beast, with a luxurious cowl kit. The yarn for this kit is front and center: a beautiful cowl-length self-striping set created for...
A knitted celebration of The Sound of Music with the colors of the movie reinterpreted in a winter-fresh, modern palette from La Bien Aimée yarn. I first met Aimée at...