Beautiful fabric, useful size. The sock zip is going to become your new favorite knitting bag.
I love to put my sock projects in zipper bags and have designed this bag to perfectly fit a single skein project, like socks. It's a bit deeper than you'd expect, so your first sock can rest safely at the bottom while you knit a second sock, and the width is perfect to slide into most purse/tote bags.
I use whimsical quilting cotton for this design, together with a light and lofty fusible fleece for maximum squishiness. This is a bag you can stuff into your purse, and it will bounce back into perfect form, all while keeping your socks safe and happy.
If you'll be carrying the project bag by itself, you might want to add a fabric handle to it. These are $5 each. (For myself, I rarely carry a project bag without a purse, so almost always forgo the handle.)
This design was created with the following options:
Exterior fabric: Original fabric in a cotton-linen blend with a fusible fleece interfacing
Interior fabric: Coordinating quilting cotton print
Word ring says: HAPPINESS or JOY
Zipper color: Pink or purple
My sock zip bags:
- Are approx. 10" to 10.5" wide and 7.5" to 8" tall, with an 7" by 3.5" rectangular base
- Have fabric tabs at the ends of the zipper, made of the coordinating interior print, for a polished and adorable look
- Include a "word ring" that can be used as a connector for other bags or handles
- Are machine stitched with beautiful top-stitching and fully enclosed seams
- Have a satin ribbon zipper pull
- Are created with love in a kid-friendly, dog-friendly, and smoke-free studio. (Our beagle pup, Molly, doesn't help with sewing, but she's around the studio so if you are highly allergic, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.)
Each bag is carefully handcrafted, so you should expect there to be some variation in fabric placement, as well as minor variations in size or shape. Your satisfaction is very important to me. Please let me know if you're not completely delighted with your purchase.