The perfect lightweight sweater yarn.
Harvest Sport makes a perfect lightweight sweater, with bounce and a slight sheen and drape.
I firmly believe that color applied to yarn by hand, as I do, takes on a vibrancy and life that can’t be mass-produced. Each skein is full of kindness, beauty, and an authentic connection to a story you love.
Harvest Sport superwash
100% superwash domestic Merino & Rambouillet wool blend
312 yards | 100 grams
Colorways & color notes
• Raii is a vibrant lemony chartreuse, named for designer Cieslak's adorable black miniature schnauzer, Raii. Jacqui receives a royalty on every skein purchased.
• Molly is a terracotta beagle "red," more pink than orange, and softly muted.
• Morning Walkies is a grey-leaning mint green, inspired by morning walks in San Francisco when the air is fresh and dew is on the grass.
• Cornucopia is the color of autumn: a bit rust, a bit orange, a bit brown, like falling leaves and crisp air.Yarn details and care instructions on the tabs (above).
Harvest is my perfect yarn for lighter-weight sweaters and accessories and it has the added bonus of being gentle on the earth: it's grown domestically in the United States. It is a round 3-ply yarn with a tight twist.
• Use for next-to-skin sweaters and accessories.
• Not ideal for socks because of the fine wool content (the regular wear and tear of socks will cause pilling, so they won't last as long).
• Looks best at a gauge of 20 to 22 per 4 inches, which is usually achieved with a needle size of US 4 to 6 (3.5 to 4 mm).
Beauty in difference. Each skein is dyed by hand in small batches of just 4 or 5 skeins. There will be variations in color intensity and placement. We think that’s part of what makes each skein perfect – they’re not identical. If you will be using more than 1 skein in your project, alternate skeins to blend any color differences.
Your finished shawl or other item should be hand-washed in cold water with a gentle wool wash and cold-water rinse. Depending on the difference in chemistry between your local water and mine, there may be some color residue in the wash process. Washing and rinsing in cold water will help to minimize this.