Roomy, beautiful, with expert construction. My shawl-sized zipper bag perfectly fits a two or three skein shawl project.
This is a roomy bag that can fit three skeins, side by side, and still have room on top for your work-in-progress. (I start most of my sweater projects in a bag this size!)
My Prairie Dreams shawl bag is handcrafted from an original collection of fabrics that are exclusive to Little Skein in the Big Wool. The exterior fabric was created from a set of hand-lettered drawings created by artist Jayme Hennel of the Hennel Paper Company. Together, Jayme and I brainstormed motifs and designs to create this beautiful log cabin, puffing yarn ball smoke, and featuring motifs drawn from the Little House book series.
The quote inside the cabin, from Laura Ingalls Wilder, sums up to me the charm and appeal of her story of her pioneer childhood: "It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all."I've found that most knitters have a favorite style for their zipper bags -- they might like to squish them down, or they like the bag to firmly "stand up" on its own -- so I make shawl bags in three styles:
- Flexible: This has no interfacing and is soft, flexible, and easily squishable. It's a wonderfully durable bag, given the nature of cotton-linen fabric, and folds easily and generally without creases.
- Stiff: This style has a fusible, midweight interfacing ironed to the inside of the exterior fabric to give it extra body and heft. This bag will easily stand open on its own, with or without a project inside. It will crease when folded, but will bounce back nicely after being pressed with a hot iron.
- Squishy: This is my personal favorite and has a fusible fleece interfacing. It gives a slightly puffy profile to the bag, and makes it super squishy. It remains flexible and more difficult to crease (like a soft bag) but has more body and can stand open by itself (like a stiff bag). This style of bag reminds me of how a quilted bag might feel, just without the quilt lines.
This design was created with the following options:
Exterior fabric: Custom-printed cotton-linen fabric
Interfacing: All options available (soft, squishy and stiff)
Interior fabric: Coordinating quilting cotton print
Word ring says: HAPPINESS or JOY
Zipper color: Avocado green
My shawl-sized zipper bags:
- Are approx. 13 to 14" wide and 8.5" to 9" tall, with an 8" by 5" rectangular base
- Are made of 100% cotton or cotton/linen fabric
- Have fabric tabs at the ends of the zipper, made of the coordinating interior print, for a polished and adorable look
- Include a "word ring" that can be used as a connector for other bags or handles
- Are machine stitched with beautiful top-stitching and fully enclosed seams
- Have a satin ribbon zipper pull
- Are created with love in a smoke-free, pet-free, kid-friendly studio
Each bag is carefully handcrafted, so you should expect there to be some variation in fabric placement, as well as minor variations in size or shape. Your satisfaction is very important to me. Please let me know if you're not completely delighted with your purchase.
I am delighted to offer a limited number of The Big Woods shawl kits for the holiday season. These kits include the beautiful Pioneer Girl shawl pattern by Susan B....
This adorable row marker was handcrafted by Heather of Sweet n' Savory Trinkets especially for my Big Woods kit. Heather makes utterly adorable miniature food from polymer clay, attaches a lobster...
Delicate yet strong; rich with meaning. The Journey shawl pin is a stunning piece of fine jewelry. Spindle Cat Studio designed the Journey shawl pin exclusively for Little Skein and...
My favorite lotion bar, in a fresh custom scent. Bar-Maids created these limited edition Lo-Lo To-Go bars exclusively for Little Skein using some of my favorite scents in a brand-new...