Let me surprise you.
If you like surprises, let me delight you with a package of Little Skein inspiration.
I will happily choose a project bag for you in the size of your choice and wrap it up in an extra-special way. If you've ordered from me before, I'll look at your order history and send you a bag I think you'll love. If you're a new customer, I'll choose from some of my best-selling designs.
As with all surprises, I can't guarantee what you'll get (or that it will become your next favorite project bag), but I can guarantee that you'll get a beautifully crafted, handmade project bag full of our signature details. And, because we're choosing for you, you'll get a discount from our regular prices.
• Be inspired every day. You don’t need a special occasion to use special things. A Little Skein bag is like a favorite book that fills you with happy memories every time you see it.
• Delight in beauty. Our handmade touch is distinct, from covered zipper ends to fully enclosed seams. When you use your Little Skein bag, you will know that it has been made with expert care, designed to last for years.
• Feel good about what you buy. We believe in people who work creatively, and we put these values into everything we do. Your project bag is made by a team who are compensated fairly for their expert craftsmanship, from the artist who draws the illustration to the person who hand-wraps your bag.
Size info and more on the tabs (above).
Sizes to match your knitting process, not just your project.
Each knitter’s process is as unique to them as their final project so we make project bags that suit how you like to knit. There are options for knitters who like to travel light, who need a bigger bag to keep their supplies all together, or who want to add a just little more to their project bag like a book or notions pouch.
• Ideal for 1-2 skein projects
• Capacity of approx. 250 cubic inches
• 10” wide and 5” tall when flat, with a square bottom
• Ideal for 1 skein projects
• Capacity of approx. 62 cubic inches
• 10” wide and 7.5” tall, with a rectangular bottom
• Ideal for 2-3 skein projects
• Capacity of approx. 145 cubic inches
• 13” wide and 8.5” tall, with a rectangular base
Beauty in difference. Each bag is carefully handcrafted, so there will be some variation in where the fabric print is placed and minor variations in size or shape. We think that’s part of what makes each bag perfect – they’re not identical.
Care for your Little Skein bag as you would a fine sewn garment. It can be washed if needed, and advice on washing is in my FAQ.
Do you have allergies? I keep a well-organized and sparkling studio, without scents or stray threads. But the studio is also beagle-friendly. I keep Molly safely away from sewing and packing, but if you are highly allergic to dogs, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.