We're currently closed to new subscribers while we plan boxes for 2020. Subscriptions will reopen in January.
A box of joy for the true book and yarn lover
Books are the best of friends, welcoming us home, where we are truly understood, and sometimes also transporting us to another world and experience. Making things — especially with a beautiful new yarn — soothes the soul and can bring us home in an entirely different way.
Put these two feelings together and you have a sense of what our Little Stitches subscription box is like. It's a delightful gift to yourself, a box of joy, and a feeling of home, all rolled into one.
Each box is themed to a classic story (see the tab above for this year’s inspirations), made by hand and contains:
• Soft mini-skeins of yarn that beg to be cast on: Choose one, two or three 25g mini-skein(s) of a brand-new and inspired colorway(s) that I hand-dye on our House Blend no. 2.
• Bibliophile shawl pattern: Bibliophile is a brand-new, wearable wrap for our 2019 box that uses 5 or 10 mini-skeins, allowing you to make something special from your surprise mini-skeins. You'll get a PDF copy with your first box.
• Handmade items to make your crafting time extra-special: You'll get an all natural lotion or lip balm from Tuft Woolens and a 4-ounce hand-poured candle from Wax & Wool, themed to match the box's inspiration.
• Useful notions: Each box has a set of perfectly themed stitch markers and an adorable progress marker.
• Something different: I include one additional handmade item in each box. Think: a wood tool, handmade polymer clay progress keeper, or small pottery dish.
When you sign up, you’ll be charged for the next box (which ships in May), and then every other month (see tab 3 for billing and shipping details). The cost of each box includes shipping and depends on how many mini-skeins you want:
$58 for a box with everything listed above + 1 mini
$68 for a box with everything listed above + with 2 minis
$78 for a box with everything listed above + with 3 minis
Which books will we explore in 2019?
Our inspirations and their shipping months are:
March: Wind in the Willows (shipped)
May: Island of the Blue Dolphins (shipped)
July: Sarah, Plain & Tall (shipped)
Sept: Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry (shipped)
Nov: Wuthering Heights
Subscribers are billed once every two months, and you can cancel at any time. If you leave your subscription in place, you'll get ongoing and wonderful boxes as long as we are making them!
You are billed for your box when you sign up and, thereafter, on the 15th of these months: February, April, June, August, and October. Your box ships about a month later, and we will email you with a heads-up about a week before it ships so you know when to expect it.
Because this is an ongoing subscription, payment is by direct credit card only (processed through the super-secure Stripe service). Unfortunately, we aren't able to accept PayPal for subscriptions at this time.
If you ever want to cancel your subscription, just cancel by the 15th of the month before a box will ship.