Beautiful fabric, useful size. The sock zip is going to become your new favorite knitting bag.
I love to put my sock projects in zipper bags and have designed this bag to perfectly fit a single skein project, like socks. It's a bit deeper than you'd expect, so your first sock can rest safely at the bottom while you knit a second sock, and the width is perfect to slide into most purse/tote bags.
I use whimsical cotton for this design, together with a light and lofty fusible fleece for maximum squishiness. This is a bag you can stuff into your purse, and it will bounce back into perfect form, all while keeping your socks safe and happy.
A few notes about this preorder. Your bag will be sewn with:
- My coordinating "Enchanted Rose" fabric (see the second to last picture)
- A lovely, soft raspberry-colored zipper
Want a handle? If you'll be carrying the project bag by itself, you might want to add a wristlet handle to your order. I usually pop my project bag into my purse, so almost always forgo the handle; it really is an optional addition. Wristlet handles are 9 inches long from tip to tip, with a 1 inch swivel clasp that clips onto the bag's word ring and a 6 inch fabric open loop.
This design was created with the following options:
Exterior fabric: Original cotton-linen fabric in an original fabric
Interior fabric: Custom-printed broadcloth in an original fabric
Word ring says: HAPPINESS or JOY
Zipper color: Avocado green
My sock zip bags:
- Are approx. 10" to 10.5" wide and 7.5" to 8" tall, with an 7" by 3.5" rectangular base
- Have fabric tabs at the ends of the zipper, made of the coordinating interior print, for a polished and adorable look
- Include a "word ring" that can be used as a connector for other bags or handles
- Are machine stitched with beautiful top-stitching and fully enclosed seams
- Have a satin ribbon zipper pull
- Are created with love in a kid-friendly, dog-friendly, and smoke-free studio. (Our beagle pup, Molly, doesn't help with sewing, but she's around the studio so if you are highly allergic, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.)
Each bag is carefully handcrafted, so you should expect there to be some variation in fabric placement, as well as minor variations in size or shape. Your satisfaction is very important to me. Please let me know if you're not completely delighted with your purchase.
Celebrate the classic fairy tale, Beauty and the Beast, with a luxurious cowl kit. The yarn for this kit is front and center: a beautiful cowl-length self-striping set created for...
Enjoy a soothing cup of herbal tea in a hand-crafted blend created just for us by Plum Deluxe. I am in love with Plum Deluxe's inspiring, heartfelt teas full of...
Please read this listing carefully, as there are several variations available and I want to be sure you order the variation you want! For Stitches West 2017, I hosted my...
Celebrate the classic fairy tale, Beauty and the Beast. This listing is for the PDF pattern. You'll receive an immediate download link, and, if you give us your Ravelry username,...