Roomy, beautiful, with expert construction. My shawl zips perfectly fit a two or three skein shawl project.
This is a roomy bag that can fit three skeins, side by side, and still have room on top for your work-in-progress. (I start most of my sweater projects in a bag this size!)
Shawl zips are hand-crafted out of my signature cotton-linen fabric, which tends to be a bit softer than other decor weight fabrics and wonderfully flexible. I've found that most knitters have a favorite style for their zipper bags -- they might like to squish them down, or they like the bag to firmly "stand up" on its own. Choose your favorite style:
- Squishy, with a fleece interfacing. This is my personal favorite and gives a slightly puffy profile to the bag. It has a bit more "body" than a flexible bag and can stand open by itself.
- Stiff, with a traditional midweight interfacing. This is a very crisp bag that will easily stand open on its own. It will crease when folded, but will bounce back nicely after being pressed with a hot iron.
Want a handle? If you'll be carrying the project bag by itself, you might want to add a wristlet handle for $5 to your order. I usually pop my project bag into my purse, so almost always forgo the handle; it really is an optional addition. Wristlet handles are 9 inches long from tip to tip, with a 1 inch swivel clasp that clips onto the bag's word ring and a 6 inch fabric open loop.
This design was created with the following options:
Exterior fabric: Custom-printed cotton-linen fabric
Interfacing: All options (soft, squishy and stiff)
Interior fabric: Coordinating quilting cotton print
Word ring says: HAPPINESS or JOY
Zipper color: Pacific blue
My shawl zips:
- Are approx. 13 to 14" wide and 8.5" to 9" tall, with an 8" by 5" rectangular base
- Are made of 100% cotton or cotton/linen fabric
- Have fabric tabs at the ends of the zipper, made of the coordinating interior print, for a polished and adorable look
- Include a "word ring" that can be used as a connector for other bags or handles
- Are machine stitched with beautiful top-stitching and fully enclosed seams
- Have a satin ribbon zipper pull
- Are created with love in a kid-friendly, dog-friendly, and smoke-free studio. (Our beagle pup, Molly, doesn't help with sewing, but she's around the studio so if you are highly allergic, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.)
Each bag is carefully handcrafted, so you should expect there to be some variation in fabric placement, as well as minor variations in size or shape. Your satisfaction is very important to me. Please let me know if you're not completely delighted with your purchase.
Celebrate the classic fairy tale, Beauty and the Beast, with a luxurious cowl kit. The yarn for this kit is front and center: a beautiful cowl-length self-striping set created for...
Enjoy a soothing cup of herbal tea in a hand-crafted blend created just for us by Plum Deluxe. I am in love with Plum Deluxe's inspiring, heartfelt teas full of...
Please read this listing carefully, as there are several variations available and I want to be sure you order the variation you want! For Stitches West 2017, I hosted my...
Celebrate the classic fairy tale, Beauty and the Beast. This listing is for the PDF pattern. You'll receive an immediate download link, and, if you give us your Ravelry username,...