Whimsical fabric, classic design. My drawstring project bags are perfect for a one or two skein knitting project.
My drawstring project bags have plenty of room for one and two skein projects. Your yarn and your work-in-progress will easily fit inside, and it will cinch tight with a grosgrain ribbon and cordlock drawstring, to keep little hands (or little paws) away from your knitting.
I use a midweight fabric for this style of project bag: my signature cotton-linen fabric if it's a custom-printed fabric or an oxford cloth style if it's a Japanese fabric. I pair the exterior fabric with a coordinating canvas bottom to give the bag a bit of extra structure and durability, and also to highlight the focal fabric. I then line the project bag with a whimsical and coordinating quilting cotton print.
Want a handle? If you'll be carrying the project bag by itself, you might want to add a wristlet handle to your order. I usually pop my project bag into my purse, so almost always forgo the handle; it really is an optional addition. Wristlet handles are 9 inches long from tip to tip, with a 1 inch swivel clasp that clips onto the bag's word ring and a 6 inch fabric open loop.
Handles are sewn to order, so please allow a few extra days for your order to ship.
This project bag was created with the following options:
Exterior fabric: Custom-printed cotton-linen fabric in an original fabric
Canvas bottom: Black
Interior fabric: Custom-printed broadcloth in an original fabric
Word ring says: HAPPINESS or JOY
My drawstring project bags:
- Are approx. 10" to 11" tall and 10" wide when the bag is flat, with a 5" by 5" square base. Please note: custom-printed fabrics are a wee bit narrower than commercial fabrics, so these bags have a slightly smaller base, approximately 4.5" by 4.5"
- Are made of 100% cotton or cotton/linen fabric
- Include a "word ring" that can be used as a connector for other bags or handles.
- Are machine stitched with beautiful top-stitching and fully enclosed seams
- Are created with love in a kid-friendly, dog-friendly, and smoke-free studio. (Our beagle pup, Molly, doesn't help with sewing, but she's around the studio so if you are highly allergic, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.)
Each bag is carefully handcrafted, so you should expect there to be some variation in fabric placement, as well as minor variations in size or shape. Your satisfaction is very important to me. Please let me know if you're not completely delighted with your purchase.
Celebrate the classic fairy tale, Beauty and the Beast, with a luxurious cowl kit. The yarn for this kit is front and center: a beautiful cowl-length self-striping set created for...
Enjoy a soothing cup of herbal tea in a hand-crafted blend created just for us by Plum Deluxe. I am in love with Plum Deluxe's inspiring, heartfelt teas full of...
Please read this listing carefully, as there are several variations available and I want to be sure you order the variation you want! For Stitches West 2017, I hosted my...
Celebrate the classic fairy tale, Beauty and the Beast. This listing is for the PDF pattern. You'll receive an immediate download link, and, if you give us your Ravelry username,...