Spark your memories of friendship, childhood and love
The Hundred Acre Wood is a place of friendship, adventures and simple pleasures, like a jar full of honey. Designer Helen Stewart of Curious Handmade has infused some of that sweetness into the Hundred Acre Wood shawl, created just for this kit and with gentle nods to the beloved childhood story of Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne.
Yarn and pattern kits include:
• Shawl pattern: You will receive an immediate pattern download, and when your kit ships, you'll receive a code in the box to allow you to add it to your Ravelry library as well. The pattern is well within the skill range of an adventurous beginner and interesting enough to entertain more advanced knitters.
• House Blend no. 2 gradient set: While this is not the original yarn used in the pictured sample, I am especially delighted to offer a more luxurious yarn base and to bring my own personal dye style to one of our longest-running bestsellers. Please note: the yarn you will receive is pictured in skein form.
Luxe kits also include:
• Honey hand balm & lip balm: Handmade for us by Tuft Woolens
• Perfectly themed set of stitch markers
• Perfectly themed progress marker
• True Friends greeting card: Send it to brighten your best friend's day.
Kits do not come with a project bag, but we've sewn lots in advance. Just add your favorite Hundred Acre Wood-themed bag to your cart and we'll wrap it up and include it in your kit.
I really enjoyed knitting this shawl. The new colors are deeper and beautiful. I realize the lace motif is meant to evoke bees and the honeycomb pattern compliments the theme. However, the shawl is a half circle, and the little bee motifs could also be seen as paw prints, and the paw prints are repeated on round after round... I think of it as the Heffalumps and Woozles Shawl and it makes me smile every time. Nice accessory and a cheery thought in one package, perfect!
Everything I have ordered from you is so beautiful and such good quality. The colors are beautiful! Couldn't be happier.
This kit came beautifully packaged and surprisingly quick given I'm in Canada. The yarn quality is wonderful and the colours are even more gorgeous than you can see online. I can't wait to cast on!
This is the first kit I have ever ordered. I am very happy. Everything came a few days after ordering. The packaging was secure and beautiful. The downloaded pattern is easy to read with good instruction as well as a comprehensive charts. I started knitting yesterday. The yarn is soft and lovely. Each of the five colors in my kit has rich tones. Couldn’t be happier.
I received my kit quite promptly and it was just perfect. The yarn is soooo soft and cozy. I can't wait to make it.