Handmade to last.
A Little Skein project bag is for the maker who loves knitting and reading with equal passion. We create our own fabric and handcraft each bag, making space for your knitting or crafting project and also for goodness and inspiration.
Sock n' book totes are:
• Our most lightweight bag for on-the-go knitting
• Hold 1 skein plus a small book
• Made from a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric
• Designed to last for years
• Be inspired every day. You don't need a special occasion to use special things. A Little Skein bag is like a favorite book that fills you with happy memories every time you see it.
• Delight in beauty.Our handmade touch is distinct, starting with our original, illustrated fabrics to small details like covered zipper ends and fully enclosed seams.
• Feel good about what you buy. We believe in people who work creatively and put these values into everything we do.
About sock n' book totes:
• Capacity of approx. 120 cubic inches
• 9” tall and 4” wide when flat, with a rectangular bottom
• Built-in sturdy cotton handles so you can loop the bag over your arm while knitting from it
• Open top for easy knitting while standing
The process of making your bag begins in my San Francisco home studio. First, I work with an artist to illustrate a theme for the story we’re celebrating. Then, I print the design on a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric, and my team and I begin sewing.
Beauty in difference. Each bag is carefully handcrafted, so there will be some variation in where the fabric print is placed and minor variations in size or shape. We think that’s part of what makes each bag perfect – they’re not identical.
Care for your Little Skein bag as you would a fine sewn garment. It can be washed if needed, and advice on washing is in my FAQ.
Do you have allergies? I keep a well-organized and sparkling studio, without scents or stray threads. But the studio is also beagle-friendly. I keep Molly safely away from sewing and packing, but if you are highly allergic to dogs, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.
The process of making your project bag begins in my San Francisco home studio. First, I work with an artist to illustrate a theme for the story we’re celebrating. Then, I print the design on a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric, and my team and I begin sewing.