Handmade to last.
A Little Skein project bag is for the maker who loves knitting and reading with equal passion. We create our own fabric and handcraft each bag, making space for your knitting or crafting project and also for goodness and inspiration.
Drawstring bags are:
• Perfectly sized for a 1 to 2 skein project
• Made from a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric
• 10" tall and 5" wide when flat, with a square bottom
• Designed to last for years
• Be inspired every day. You don't need a special occasion to use special things. A Little Skein bag is like a favorite book that fills you with happy memories every time you see it.
• Delight in beauty.Our handmade touch is distinct, starting with our original, illustrated fabrics to small details like covered zipper ends and fully enclosed seams.
• Feel good about what you buy. We believe in people who work creatively and put these values into everything we do.
About drawstring bags:
• Capacity of approx. 250 cubic inches
• Plenty of room to fold over the top and knit from it like a yarn bowl
• Squishable, so you can easily pop it into a purse for knitting on the go
• Drawstring closure to keep your project safe from little hands (or paws)
• Canvas bottom so that inevitable scuffs or stains won’t show
• Optional wristlet handle that clips to the side of the bag for knitters who like to carry their knitting bag all by itself
The process of making your bag begins in my San Francisco home studio. First, I work with an artist to illustrate a theme for the story we’re celebrating. Then, I print the design on a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric, and my team and I begin sewing.
Beauty in difference. Each bag is carefully handcrafted, so there will be some variation in where the fabric print is placed and minor variations in size or shape. We think that’s part of what makes each bag perfect – they’re not identical.
Care for your Little Skein bag as you would a fine sewn garment. It can be washed if needed, and advice on washing is in my FAQ.
Do you have allergies? I keep a well-organized and sparkling studio, without scents or stray threads. But the studio is also beagle-friendly. I keep Molly safely away from sewing and packing, but if you are highly allergic to dogs, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.
The process of making your project bag begins in my San Francisco home studio. First, I work with an artist to illustrate a theme for the story we’re celebrating. Then, I print the design on a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric, and my team and I begin sewing.
Everything about this transaction was perfect: the bag! The customer service, the speed at which it got here, the number of compliments I get from people every time they see it - just perfect
Love the construction of the bag, and both the texture and pattern of the fabric. Can't wait to use it for years to come, and I'm sure it will hold up great!
The Rhinebeck bag and pin are perfect for my collection! Thank you for so perfectly depicting (and selling) some of the best things about Fall in the Hudson Valley!
Adorable, sturdy bag with donuts and sheep on it! How much better can you get?
Really well made bag, great size and fabulous fabric pattern - I took it to Rhinebeck and the leaping Llama's this year
Thanks for making such a fun product!