Handmade to last.
I work with an artist to create my own fabric and handcraft each bag so that it will make space for your knitting or crafting project and also for goodness and inspiration.
Cider & Donuts is my newest fabric, created especially for this 2019 collection. These bags:
• Are my usual exacting quality, but are on sale because they're a test run. If you love this super-size version and aren't able to get one of the sale bags, I'm happy to make one for you (but need to price them at regular price because I'll be ordering new fabric).
• Celebrate my favorite part of Rhinebeck: the cider donuts, apple varieties, and wooly sheep (one of which is also knitting!)
• Are made from a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric, so you feel the quality every time you use it
• Are designed to last for years
Please note: This pattern is large and fabric placement varies on each bag. Not every bag will look exactly as pictured. You may not have the knitting sheep perfectly centered, etc. You should be okay with receiving a bit of a surprise as to which part of the print is on your bag.
Size info and more on the tabs (above).
Sizes to match your knitting process, not just your project.
Each knitter’s process is as unique to them as their final project so we make project bags that suit how you like to knit. There are options for knitters who like to travel light, who need a bigger bag to keep their supplies all together, or who want to add a just little more to their project bag like a book or notions pouch.
• Drawstring bags: Lighter weight design for 1-2 skein projects; capacity of approx. 250 cubic inches; 10” tall and 5” wide when flat, with a square bottom.
• Sock 'n book totes:Our most lightweight bag for on-the-go knitting; holds 1 skein plus a small book; capacity for approx. 120 cubic inches.
• Sock zips:Ideal for 1 skein projects; capacity of approx. 62 cubic inches; 10” wide and 7.5” tall, with a rectangular bottom and interfaced with slightly squishy fleece.
• Shawl zips: Ideal for 2-3 skein projects; capacity of 145 cubic inches; 13” wide and 8.5” tall, with a rectangular base and interfaced with slightly squishy fleece.
• Sweater buckets: Ideal for very large projects – sweaters, blankets, or even multiple WIPs; capacity of approx. 1035 cubic inches; 14” wide, 8” tall and 9” deep with a rectangular base. Interfaced with slightly squishy fleece
Beauty in difference. Each bag is carefully handcrafted, so there will be some variation in where the fabric print is placed and minor variations in size or shape. We think that’s part of what makes each bag perfect – they’re not identical.
Care for your Little Skein bag as you would a fine sewn garment. It can be washed if needed, and advice on washing is in my FAQ.
Do you have allergies? I keep a well-organized and sparkling studio, without scents or stray threads. But the studio is also beagle-friendly. I keep Molly safely away from sewing and packing, but if you are highly allergic to dogs, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.