A Little Skein project bag is for the knitter who loves making and reading with equal passion.
You put your knitting and your time into a project bag, and we put in kindness, good feelings, and an authentic connection to a story you love.
The process begins in my San Francisco home studio. First, I work with an artist to illustrate a theme for the story we’re celebrating. Then, I print the design on a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric, and my team and I begin sewing.
• Be inspired every day. You don’t need a special occasion to use special things. A Little Skein bag is like a favorite book that fills you with happy memories every time you see it.
• Delight in beauty. Our handmade touch is distinct, from covered zipper ends to fully enclosed seams. When you use your Little Skein bag, you will know that it has been made with expert care, designed to last for years.
• Feel good about what you buy. We believe in people who work creatively, and we put these values into everything we do. Your project bag is made by a team who are compensated fairly for their expert craftsmanship, from the artist who draws the illustration to the person who hand-wraps your bag.
Size info and more on the tabs (above).
Each knitter’s process is as unique to them as their final project so we make project bags that suit how you like to knit. There are options for knitters who like to travel light, who need a bigger bag to keep their supplies all together, or who want to add a just little more to their project bag like a book or notions pouch.
• Lighter weight design for 1-2 skein projects
• Capacity of approx. 250 cubic inches
• 10” tall and 5” wide when flat, with a square bottom
• Plenty of room to fold over the top and knit from it like a yarn bowl
• Squishable, so you can easily pop it into a purse for knitting on the go
• Drawstring closure to keep your project safe from little hands (or paws)
• Canvas bottom so that inevitable scuffs or stains won’t show
• Optional wristlet handle for knitters who like to carry their knitting bag all by itself
Care for your Little Skein bag as you would a fine sewn garment. It can be washed if needed, and advice on washing is in my FAQ.
Do you have allergies? I keep a well-organized and sparkling studio, without scents or stray threads. But the studio is also beagle-friendly. I keep Molly safely away from sewing and packing, but if you are highly allergic to dogs, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.
Beautiful bag, very well made and with high quality fabric. Thank you!!
Such great quality, and it makes me smile every time I use it (which is daily). It's perfect for socks or a small project. I always keep a sock project with me, and I get compliments on it wherever I go. Thank you for the beautiful bag!
I love the drawstring bags from Little Skein, and as I teach each granddaughter to knit, I give her one of these bags with a set of stitch markers. Mary Poppins is for Everly, who loves to dance to the music from this movie.
Such a great quality bag, very well made and gorgeous fabric. Very pleased!!
A beautiful bag, I love the commissioned fabric. It is sturdy and well made.