Handmade to last.
A Little Skein project bag is for the maker who loves knitting and reading with equal passion. We create our own fabric and handcraft each bag, making space for your knitting or crafting project and also for goodness and inspiration.
Drawstring bags are:
• Perfectly sized for a 1 to 2 skein project
• Made from a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric
• 10" tall and 5" wide when flat, with a square bottom
• Designed to last for years
• Be inspired every day. You don't need a special occasion to use special things. A Little Skein bag is like a favorite book that fills you with happy memories every time you see it.
• Delight in beauty.Our handmade touch is distinct, starting with our original, illustrated fabrics to small details like covered zipper ends and fully enclosed seams.
• Feel good about what you buy. We believe in people who work creatively and put these values into everything we do.
About drawstring bags:
• Capacity of approx. 250 cubic inches
• Plenty of room to fold over the top and knit from it like a yarn bowl
• Squishable, so you can easily pop it into a purse for knitting on the go
• Drawstring closure to keep your project safe from little hands (or paws)
• Canvas bottom so that inevitable scuffs or stains won’t show
• Optional wristlet handle that clips to the side of the bag for knitters who like to carry their knitting bag all by itself
The process of making your bag begins in my San Francisco home studio. First, I work with an artist to illustrate a theme for the story we’re celebrating. Then, I print the design on a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric, and my team and I begin sewing.
Beauty in difference. Each bag is carefully handcrafted, so there will be some variation in where the fabric print is placed and minor variations in size or shape. We think that’s part of what makes each bag perfect – they’re not identical.
Care for your Little Skein bag as you would a fine sewn garment. It can be washed if needed, and advice on washing is in my FAQ.
Do you have allergies? I keep a well-organized and sparkling studio, without scents or stray threads. But the studio is also beagle-friendly. I keep Molly safely away from sewing and packing, but if you are highly allergic to dogs, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.
My Cool, Grey City of Love is the cutest bag ever! First of all, I grew up in San Francisco, so it makes me feel like home. But this bag goes way beyond that. The fabric is very high quality, it is fully lined in a lovely, coordinating fabric and the workmanship is incredible. The seams are arrow straight, and all of them are covered. The size is perfect for a sock or sleeve project ( I have used it for both already) and I love the little toggle-beadon the handle. Keeping the bag closed is fantastic! This will not the last bag I buy from Little Skein in the Big Wool!
I am so happy with this bag. I had really wanted one when they first came out and just could not afford it at that time. I am so thankful that it became available. It is a really well made and functional bag as well as beautiful!!!! I am working on a Wear With All Vest and it is the perfect bag!
A very well made bag. Sturdy fabric with a adorable design. Perfect size for sock making. Wonderful little bag!
The sock bag is lovely. It is well made and sturdy. I love that the lining material is all book pictures,
This is such a cute bag, and it’s so well-made and I love that it has the drawstring that I can hang from my wrist so I can knit and walk at the same time. Perfect size for a pair of socks!