Whimsical fabric, classic design. My drawstring project bags are perfect for a one or two skein knitting project.
My drawstring project bags have plenty of room for one and two skein projects. Your yarn and your work-in-progress will easily fit inside, and it will cinch tight with a grosgrain ribbon and cordlock drawstring, to keep little hands (or little paws) away from your knitting.
I use a midweight fabric for this style of project bag: my signature cotton-linen fabric if it's a custom-printed fabric or an oxford cloth style if it's a Japanese fabric. I pair the exterior fabric with a coordinating canvas bottom to give the bag a bit of extra structure and durability, and also to highlight the focal fabric. I then line the project bag with a whimsical and coordinating quilting cotton print.
If you'll be carrying the project bag by itself, you might want to add a fabric handle to it. These are $5 each. (For myself, I rarely carry a project bag without a purse, so almost always forgo the handle.)
This project bag was created with the following options:
Exterior fabric: Original cotton-linen fabric
Canvas bottom: Delft blue
Interior fabric: Coordinating original quilting cotton print
Word ring says: HAPPINESS or JOY
Ribbon color: Delft blue
Cordlock color: Pacific blue
My drawstring project bags:
- Are approx. 10" to 11" tall and 10" wide when the bag is flat, with a 5" by 5" square base. Please note: custom-printed fabrics are a wee bit narrower than commercial fabrics, so these bags have a slightly smaller base, approximately 4.5" by 4.5"
- Are made of 100% cotton or cotton/linen fabric
- Include a "word ring" that can be used as a connector for other bags or handles<.p>
- Are machine stitched with beautiful top-stitching and fully enclosed seams
- Are created with love in a kid-friendly, dog-friendly, and smoke-free studio. (Our beagle pup, Molly, doesn't help with sewing, but she's around the studio so if you are highly allergic, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.)
Each bag is carefully handcrafted, so you should expect there to be some variation in fabric placement, as well as minor variations in size or shape. Your satisfaction is very important to me. Please let me know if you're not completely delighted with your purchase.
The basic bunny kit The basic bunny kit includes everything you need to make a self-striping bunny reminiscent of the vintage Velveteen rabbit: A beautifully-printed hard copy of the "Bunny...
About the bunny I'm delighted to offer companion mini-kits for your Velveteen rabbit, to help you create a lovely handmade jacket for your Velveteen rabbit, complete with handmade...
Don't want to buy a giant bag of polyfil at your local craft store? I'm delighted to offer small supply packs of stuffing for your Velveteen rabbit kit or ornament...
I'm delighted to offer small supply packs of stuffing for your knitted toy projects. This packet includes 85g of poly-pellets, which are small round weighted pellets that help keep your...