Open for new subscribers; the next box ships in August.
We all know Beatrix Potter as the creator of Peter Rabbit and wee beautiful children's books. But, there is a deeper story to Beatrix and her illustrations, and I cordially invite you to join me in a journey of creative exploration, inspired by Beatrix and her art.
The Beatrix Box arrives to your home every three months with a knitting pattern created by a guest designer, 2 skeins of my gorgeous hand-dyed yarn, and an artist-made surprise.
But, the Beatrix Box is so much more than this ...
It brings to life the values and artistic quality you've come to expect from Little Skein. It is a present to yourself, a delight to open, and fuels your knitting with inspiration and good feelings.
• The perfect blend of choice and surprise: I create multiple colorways for each box, and you choose which one(s) you want. This way, you always receive a color that thrills you. Each box has a different yarn base, from fingering weight to DK.
• Beauty that is everlasting: You receive a new or a refreshed pattern that brings to life our shared values around slow, intentional and beautiful making.
• Joy that we celebrate together: Each box is centered around the idea of joy and making one's own place in the world. If you dive into the work and ethos of each maker involved, you will see a group of amazing people who, in their own ways, is forging a new path in the knitting community.
Subscriptions form the backbone of my creative business. Designing, making, and knowing that you're committed to this subscription lets me realize some economies, which I pass on to you.
• US subscribers receive shipping on the house, and international subscribers receive $10 flat rate shipping. This represents about a 10% discount off each box's public release price.
• Subscribers get to order extra yarn (if they want it) at 10% off. In most cases, it ships with your box before I release the collection publicly.
• You are part of my special circle, where I tend to you as I do my close friends, with stories and emails and my always-recognized superior customer service.
• Ships in mid to late June
• 2 skeins of Merino DK (100% superwash Merino wool | 231 yards | 100g)
• New shawl pattern by Kavitha Raman
• Artist-made surprise
Each box includes:
• 2 skeins of yarn in a different yarn base
• A pattern from my guest designer
• Artist-made surprise
• Advance notice, so you can cancel a box before it's charged, if your circumstances or yarn needs change.
• Your first box will ship in August (it has not yet been named), and it is charged when you sign up.
• The box after this will be charged in September, and future boxes are charged every 3 months.
• You'll always get to choose your colors.
• I reveal the color palette and yarn base about a month before your box ships.
• I add to the pleasure of this special gift-to-yourself with regular check-ins and small stories while I'm making everyone's boxes.
• You can cancel at any time if your circumstances or yarn needs change (please see my refund policy which applies if you need to cancel after a box is charged).
I took pictures of each stage of opening the box because it was so beautifully packaged! This simply added to the truly beautiful yarn that was in my box. I love that the included pattern was released prior to receiving the box so that I could view it an plan what I needed. Every part of this box was so mindfully created and executed that it is sheer joy to open.
I really like this Beatrix Box. The pattern is lovely and the yarn is amazing.
The yarn is gorgeous--everything about it!! A touch of Heaven in a box! Over the moon! Thank you ❤️
The base is luscious and colors are sublime! The little extra, a sweet little mushroom stitch marker in the perfect Agaric mushroom colors. Always great attention to details. Thank you.
What beautiful yarn and colors! Anne has, as is always true, out done herself.