Roomy, beautiful, with expert construction. My shawl zips perfectly fit a two or three skein shawl project.
This is a roomy bag that can fit three skeins, side by side, and still have room on top for your work-in-progress. (I start most of my sweater projects in a bag this size!)
Shawl zips are hand-crafted out of my signature cotton-linen fabric, which tends to be a bit softer than other decor weight fabrics and wonderfully flexible. I've found that most knitters have a favorite style for their zipper bags -- they might like to squish them down, or they like the bag to firmly "stand up" on its own. I make shawl bags in three styles:
- Flexible, with no interfacing. This style folds easily and generally without creases.
- Squishy, with a fleece interfacing. This is my personal favorite and gives a slightly puffy profile to the bag. It has a bit more "body" than a flexible bag and can stand open by itself.
- Stiff, with a traditional midweight interfacing. This is a very crisp bag that will easily stand open on its own. It will crease when folded, but will bounce back nicely after being pressed with a hot iron.
Want a handle? If you'll be carrying the project bag by itself, you might want to add a wristlet handle for $5 to your order. I usually pop my project bag into my purse, so almost always forgo the handle; it really is an optional addition. Wristlet handles are 9 inches long from tip to tip, with a 1 inch swivel clasp that clips onto the bag's word ring and a 6 inch fabric open loop.
Handles are sewn to order, and so please allow a few extra days for your order to ship.
This design was created with the following options:
Exterior fabric: Custom-printed cotton-linen fabric
Interfacing: All options (soft, squishy and stiff)
Interior fabric: Coordinating quilting cotton print
Word ring says: HAPPINESS or JOY
Zipper color: Pacific blue or magenta
My shawl zips:
- Are approx. 13 to 14" wide and 8.5" to 9" tall, with an 8" by 5" rectangular base
- Are made of 100% cotton or cotton/linen fabric
- Have fabric tabs at the ends of the zipper, made of the coordinating interior print, for a polished and adorable look
- Include a "word ring" that can be used as a connector for other bags or handles
- Are machine stitched with beautiful top-stitching and fully enclosed seams
- Have a satin ribbon zipper pull
- Are created with love in a kid-friendly, dog-friendly, and smoke-free studio. (Our beagle pup, Molly, doesn't help with sewing, but she's around the studio so if you are highly allergic, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.)
Each bag is carefully handcrafted, so you should expect there to be some variation in fabric placement, as well as minor variations in size or shape. Your satisfaction is very important to me. Please let me know if you're not completely delighted with your purchase.
Inspire a knitting friend to reach out into the great wide somewhere. Great Wide Somewhere is the latest in our collection of literary-themed cards for knitters. It features original...
These are in very limited quantity but I am expecting more charms to arrive soon. Please add your email address to be notified when "Be Our Guest" progress markers are...
Celebrate the classic fairy tale, Beauty and the Beast, with a luxurious cowl kit. The yarn for this kit is front and center: a beautiful cowl-length self-striping set created for...
A knitted celebration of The Sound of Music with the colors of the movie reinterpreted in a winter-fresh, modern palette from La Bien Aimée yarn. I first met Aimée at...