Handmade to last.
I create my own fabric and handcraft each bag so that it will make space for your knitting or crafting project and also for goodness and inspiration.
A Walk in the Woods is one of my newest fabrics and available as part of my Walden collection. These bags:
• Celebrate the quiet, still beauty of a cabin in the woods
• Are perfect for holiday and winter knitting: cheerful and cozy, but not overtly "holiday"
• Are made from a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric, so you feel the quality every time you use it
• Are designed to last for years
• Be inspired every day. You don't need a special occasion to use special things. A Little Skein bag is like a favorite book that fills you with happy memories every time you see it.
• Delight in beauty.Our handmade touch is distinct, starting with our original, illustrated fabrics to small details like covered zipper ends and fully enclosed seams.
• Feel good about what you buy. We believe in people who work creatively and put these values into everything we do.
Size info and more on the tabs (above).
Sizes to match your knitting process, not just your project.
Each knitter’s process is as unique to them as their final project so we make project bags that suit how you like to knit. There are options for knitters who like to travel light, who need a bigger bag to keep their supplies all together, or who want to add a just little more to their project bag like a book or notions pouch.
• Drawstring bags: Lighter weight design for 1-2 skein projects; capacity of approx. 250 cubic inches; 10” tall and 5” wide when flat, with a square bottom.• Shawl zips: Ideal for 2-3 skein projects; capacity of 145 cubic inches; 13” wide and 8.5” tall, with a rectangular base and interfaced with slightly squishy fleece.
Beauty in difference. Each bag is carefully handcrafted, so there will be some variation in where the fabric print is placed and minor variations in size or shape. We think that’s part of what makes each bag perfect – they’re not identical.
Care for your Little Skein bag as you would a fine sewn garment. It can be washed if needed, and advice on washing is in my FAQ.
Do you have allergies? I keep a well-organized and sparkling studio, without scents or stray threads. But the studio is also beagle-friendly. I keep Molly safely away from sewing and packing, but if you are highly allergic to dogs, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.