"If something needs fixing, lace up your shoes and do some organizing." That’s what President Obama said, and that’s what I'm doing here at Little Skein.
If you believe as I do — in making room at the table for everyone, in powerful and kind words, and in equity for all — please join me. Swing Left and swing toward hope.
Luxe kits include absolutely everything from my original Sock the Vote! collection.
• One or both colorways of yarn, dyed for you on our House Sock base: Swing Left or Gotta Give 'Em Hope.
• Swing Left sock pattern
• Project bag in the size and fabrics of your choice
• Themed stitch markers
• Liberty Knits letterpress card
You'll be able to immediately download our official pattern, Swing Left, and cast on your sock as soon as your yarn arrives. Just choose your favorite colorway and we'll dye it for you on our House Sock base.
This is a pre-order and will ship in approximately 4 weeks.
Our beautiful Liberty Knits artwork was created for me by artist Kimothy Joy and I am so happy to emblazon it as a symbol of the passionate face of knitting and political expression.
For an interesting read on the long history of craft and political activism, I can commend this lovely article.
Sizes to match your knitting process, not just your project.
Each knitter’s process is as unique to them as their final project so we make project bags that suit how you like to knit. There are options for knitters who like to travel light, who need a bigger bag to keep their supplies all together, or who want to add a just little more to their project bag like a book or notions pouch.
You can order your project bag in any of these sizes:
• Drawstring bags: Lighter weight design for 1-2 skein projects; capacity of approx. 250 cubic inches; 10” tall and 5” wide when flat, with a square bottom.
• Sock 'n book totes:Our most lightweight bag for on-the-go knitting; holds 1 skein plus a small book; capacity for approx. 120 cubic inches.
• Sock zips:Ideal for 1 skein projects; capacity of approx. 62 cubic inches; 10” wide and 7.5” tall, with a rectangular bottom.
• Shawl zips: Ideal for 2-3 skein projects; capacity of 145 cubic inches; 13” wide and 8.5” tall, with a rectangular base.
Beauty in difference. Each bag is carefully handcrafted, so there will be some variation in where the fabric print is placed and minor variations in size or shape. We think that’s part of what makes each bag perfect – they’re not identical.
Care for your Little Skein bag as you would a fine sewn garment. It can be washed if needed, and advice on washing is in my FAQ.
Do you have allergies? I keep a well-organized and sparkling studio, without scents or stray threads. But the studio is also beagle-friendly. I keep Molly safely away from sewing and packing, but if you are highly allergic to dogs, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.
Excellent workmanship on the project bag and the yarn is really, really nice. Thanks for a very fun project!!
I really loved this yarn. The colorway was both beautiful and meaningful.
This yarn, as all Anne's yarn, is beautiful to look at, work with, and be proud of your finished project. The dying is perfectly done plus delivery is very fast. Thank you, Anne, for another beautiful yarn.
I love the yarn. The bag is superb quality, and all the little extras really made this a great package to come home to. I can't wait to get this yarn on the needles!
I love the Sock n Book tote. A great size for a one skein project plus a small paperback or my nook. Everything is of exceptional quality. Thank you for standing for democracy!