Handmade to last.
A Little Skein project bag is for the maker who loves knitting and reading with equal passion. We create our own fabric and handcraft each bag, making space for your knitting or crafting project and also for goodness and inspiration.
Drawstring bags are:
• Perfectly sized for a 1 to 2 skein project
• Made from a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric
• 10" tall and 5" wide when flat, with a square bottom
• Designed to last for years
• Be inspired every day. You don't need a special occasion to use special things. A Little Skein bag is like a favorite book that fills you with happy memories every time you see it.
• Delight in beauty. Our handmade touch is distinct, starting with our original, illustrated fabrics to small details like covered zipper ends and fully enclosed seams.
• Feel good about what you buy. We believe in people who work creatively and put these values into everything we do.
About drawstring bags:
• Capacity of approx. 250 cubic inches
• Plenty of room to fold over the top and knit from it like a yarn bowl
• Squishable, so you can easily pop it into a purse for knitting on the go
• Drawstring closure to keep your project safe from little hands (or paws)
• Canvas bottom so that inevitable scuffs or stains won’t show
• Optional wristlet handle that clips to the side of the bag for knitters who like to carry their knitting bag all by itself
The process of making your bag begins in my San Francisco home studio. First, I work with an artist to illustrate a theme for the story we’re celebrating. Then, I print the design on a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric, and my team and I begin sewing.
Beauty in difference. Each bag is carefully handcrafted, so there will be some variation in where the fabric print is placed and minor variations in size or shape. We think that’s part of what makes each bag perfect – they’re not identical.
Care for your Little Skein bag as you would a fine sewn garment. It can be washed if needed, and advice on washing is in my FAQ.
Do you have allergies? I keep a well-organized and sparkling studio, without scents or stray threads. But the studio is also beagle-friendly. I keep Molly safely away from sewing and packing, but if you are highly allergic to dogs, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.
The process of making your project bag begins in my San Francisco home studio. First, I work with an artist to illustrate a theme for the story we’re celebrating. Then, I print the design on a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric, and my team and I begin sewing.