A Little Skein project bag is for the knitter who loves making and reading with equal passion.
You put your knitting and your time into a project bag, and we put in kindness, good feelings, and an authentic connection to a story you love.
The process begins in my San Francisco home studio. First, I work with an artist to illustrate a theme for the story we’re celebrating. Then, I print the design on a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric, and my team and I begin sewing.
• Be inspired every day. You don’t need a special occasion to use special things. A Little Skein bag is like a favorite book that fills you with happy memories every time you see it.
• Delight in beauty. Our handmade touch is distinct, from covered zipper ends to fully enclosed seams. When you use your Little Skein bag, you will know that it has been made with expert care, designed to last for years.
• Feel good about what you buy. We believe in people who work creatively, and we put these values into everything we do. Your project bag is made by a team who are compensated fairly for their expert craftsmanship, from the artist who draws the illustration to the person who hand-wraps your bag.
Size info and more on the tabs (above).
Each knitter’s process is as unique to them as their final project so we make project bags that suit how you like to knit. There are options for knitters who like to travel light, who need a bigger bag to keep their supplies all together, or who want to add a just little more to their project bag like a book or notions pouch.
• Ideal for 2-3 skein projects
• Capacity of 145 cubic inches
• 13” wide and 8.5” tall, with a rectangular base
• Interfaced with extra-lofty fleece which gives the bag enough body to stand on its own
• Zipper closure to keep your project safe while also making sure not to catch or snag your yarn
• Optional wristlet handle for knitters who like to carry their knitting bag all by itself
Beauty in difference. Each bag is carefully handcrafted, so there will be some variation in where the fabric print is placed and minor variations in size or shape. We think that’s part of what makes each bag perfect – they’re not identical.
Care for your Little Skein bag as you would a fine sewn garment. It can be washed if needed, and advice on washing is in my FAQ.
Do you have allergies? I keep a well-organized and sparkling studio, without scents or stray threads. But the studio is also beagle-friendly. I keep Molly safely away from sewing and packing, but if you are highly allergic to dogs, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.
The bag is all it was promised to be. The fabric (Stargazers) is darling and durable, and lined with a sweet contrasting fabric of a smiling moon on a yellow background. It is neatly sewn and the handle is attached with a swiveling snap hook and metal loop. Overall, this is a bag that I expect to enjoy using for years to come.
So pleased with the lovingly and professionally made shawl zip. The fabric is beautiful and the construction is perfect. So glad I treated myself!
Lovely bag, well made. Love beagles so it's perfect for me!
What can I say? Always pure perfection! With the custom fabrics and workmanship, it is always a joy to have another Little Skein bag in my Little Skein Collection. Rarely do I say no to buying and never ever having buyers remorse.
Beautiful bags! I am a professional seamstress and the workmanship of these bags are amazing! Love the fabric choices!