Whimsical fabric, classic design. My drawstring project bags are perfect for a one or two skein knitting project.
My drawstring project bags have plenty of room for one and two skein projects. Your yarn and your work-in-progress will easily fit inside, and it will cinch tight with a grosgrain ribbon and cordlock drawstring, to keep little hands (or little paws) away from your knitting.
I use a midweight fabric for this style of project bag: my signature cotton-linen fabric if it's a custom-printed fabric or an oxford cloth style if it's a Japanese fabric. I pair the exterior fabric with a coordinating canvas bottom to give the bag a bit of extra structure and durability, and also to highlight the focal fabric. I then line the project bag with a whimsical and coordinating quilting cotton print.
If you'll be carrying the project bag by itself, you might want to add a fabric handle to it. These are $5 each. (For myself, I rarely carry a project bag without a purse, so almost always forgo the handle.)
This project bag was created with the following options:
Exterior fabric: Custom-printed cotton-linen fabric
Canvas bottom: Black
Interior fabric: Coordinating quilting cotton print
Word ring says: HAPPINESS or JOY
Ribbon color: Olive green
Cordlock color: Pacific blue
My drawstring project bags:
- Are approx. 10" to 11" tall and 10" wide when the bag is flat, with a 5" by 5" square base. Please note: custom-printed fabrics are a wee bit narrower than commercial fabrics, so these bags have a slightly smaller base, approximately 4.5" by 4.5"
- Are made of 100% cotton or cotton/linen fabric
- Include a "word ring" that can be used as a connector for other bags or handles<.p>
- Are machine stitched with beautiful top-stitching and fully enclosed seams
- Are created with love in a kid-friendly, dog-friendly, and smoke-free studio. (Our beagle pup, Molly, doesn't help with sewing, but she's around the studio so if you are highly allergic, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.)
Each bag is carefully handcrafted, so you should expect there to be some variation in fabric placement, as well as minor variations in size or shape. Your satisfaction is very important to me. Please let me know if you're not completely delighted with your purchase.
The Secret Garden shawl kit features everything you need to remember just how lovely the world can be: luscious merino-cashmere yarn from Western Sky Knits in a color palette reminiscent...
About Sizing Roomy, beautiful, with expert construction. My shawl-sized zipper bag perfectly fits a two or three skein shawl project. This is a roomy bag that can fit...
Beautiful, functional and elegant: Climbing Ivy is everything I love in a shawl pin. Climbing Ivy is an original design created by jeweler and fiber artist Leslie Wind, especially for...
About Kit artists Garden Sprinkles is ready to ship. The Garden Sprinkles sock colorway was created by Western Sky Knits exclusively for Little Skein, and it is...