There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.
Sometimes, all you need to feel delightfully happy are the comforts of being at home and a soothing knitting project.
Paintbox Wrap is all of these things: simple, easy knitting, delightful color changes, and the perfect shape to wrap around yourself for warmth and color.
• Inspired by Jane Austen and her ability to take ordinary life and make it extraordinary, the wrap is a simple shape: a rectangle knit on the bias to form a parallelogram.
• The stitches are simple, yet satisfying. Ordinary increases, decreases and yarn-overs create a gently waving lace pattern inspired by some of Jane's own needlework, separated by bands of garter stitch.
• With a colorful set of mini-skeins and your favorite neutral, Paintbox becomes a satisfyingly complex project, full of color and style—like Jane’s deceptively domestic novels, where there is so much more than meets the eye.
Details about what's in the kit on tab 2 (above).
Your kit includes all the yarn you need to make Paintbox in exactly the colors and size shown. You'll receive:
• Immediate PDF download plus a Ravelry code in your kit box
• All the yarn you need to knit Paintbox:
Option 1: a full skein of "Great Highway" our mid-tone grey coordinating neutral and 7 mini-skeins in the original colors.
Option 2: a full skein of "Mr. Tumnus" a dark grey coordinating neutral and 7 mini-skeins in the original colors.
House Blend no. 1
This will create the medium size wrap.
80% superwash merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon
415 yards | 100 grams
Kits are ready to ship and you'll be able to cast on within a few days.
The finished wrap and yarn requirements are:
Medium | MC: 415 yards | CC: 7 mini-skeins, 25g/100 yards each
~1150 yards total
116 inches from tip to tip and 15 inches deep