Yarn that feels like coming home.
House Blend is the yarn that welcomes you into a quiet, full-hearted place where your needles move quickly and your knitting is full of love.
Blend no. 1 is wonderful for shawls, cowls, and any accessory you want to wear next to skin. It is a true fingering weight with 10% cashmere content for drape and next-to-skin softness. Each skein is gently dyed by hand and inspired by a story that has left its fingerprints on your heart.
Little Skein House Blend no. 2
70% superwash fine merino wool, 20% cashmere, 10% nylon
400 yards | 115 grams
To knit All My Girls, you will need 2 skeins of a main color and 1 skein of a coordinating color.
● Lake Geneva (aqua blue) | inspired by Amy: A perfectly pert soft aqua, with some skeins leaning more blue and some leaning more green.
● Vanity Fair (coral) | inspired by Meg: A rich coral with shades of rose and watermelon, like blushing cheeks and roses by candelight.
● Soft Sunshine (buttercup yellow) | inspired by Beth: A soft buttercup yellow, like Beth's quiet and sunshiny, gently speckled with sparse dots of gold.
● Good Strong Words (soft green) | inspired by Jo: This is a complex green, soft in some lights and strong in others, with undertones of yellow sunshine and a mature overwash of grey.
● Marry for Love (deep green) | inspired by Marmee: A wise and cool deep green with layers of Yankee wisdom, blue and grey.
● Pickwick Club (deep purple-leaning blue grey) | inspired by Laurie: A slightly melancholy shade of purple-leaning blue-grey.
Yarn details and care instructions on the tabs (above).
● Blend no. 2 is composed of 70% superwash fine Merino wool, 20% cashmere, and 10% nylon.
● Use for next-to-skin accessories like shawls, cowls, fingering weight hats and mitts.
● Not ideal for socks because of the fine wool and cashmere content (the regular wear and tear of socks will cause pilling, so they won't last as long).
● For shawls, aim for a gauge of 18 to 24 stitches per 4 inches, which is usually achieved with a needle size of US 5 to 6 (3.75 to 4.0 mm).
Beauty in difference. Each skein is dyed by hand in small batches of just 4 or 5 skeins. There will be variations in color intensity and placement. We think that’s part of what makes each skein perfect – they’re not identical. If you will be using more than 1 skein in your project, alternate skeins to blend any color differences.
Your finished shawl or other item should be hand-washed in cold water with a gentle wool wash and cold-water rinse. Depending on the difference in chemistry between your local water and mine, there may be some color bleeding in the wash process. Washing and rinsing in cold water will help to minimize this.
Learn more about how water affects color in this article in the June 2018 issue of Spin Off magazine.
Beautiful yarn, arrived so quickly and just as described. Love it! I will be ordering more in the future! :)
I bought House Blend No. 2 in the Pickwick Papers Colourway, Part of the Little Women theme. The color variation in the yarn is so beautiful and the softness of the yarn is lovely in my hands as I knit. Also, the yarn smells AMAZING! I asked Anne and found out it is from the yarn wash she uses. Keep using it Anne! It made my already favorite hobby ten times more pleasurable!
Thank you for your prompt delivery. The yarn is just as beautiful as I hoped it would be.
I just love my yarn - soft and squishy with beautiful stitch definition.
This yarn is BEAUTIFUL! Anne was fabulous to work with! Happy camper here. Thank you so much!