I debuted this gorgeous sweater at my Stitches West booth in February, and I am delighted to offer preorders for sweater quantities so you can make one too.
Let me tell you about Water Bearer ...
This sweater is a marvel. It's warm and squishy, elegant and stylish. I reach for it when I'm in my pajamas and need a cuddle, and also I reach for it to bring together a super-polished outfit.
It's designed by Jacqueline Cieslak and looks beautiful on every body size and shape.
My sweater is the full length version, and the pattern also includes a gorgeous cropped length. (See how beautiful Jacqui's cropped version is!)
My first batch of dye-to-order sweater kits are open for ordering from May 7 to May 21, and they'll start shipping in early July, sooner if I can.
Your kit includes:
- A beautiful printed pattern with a Ravelry code, so you can store it electronically as well
- 4 to 9 skeins of yarn, depending on your size and whether you want to knit a cropped or full length sweater
- Beautiful, hand-dyed Merino DK yarn in the colorway of your choice. I'm offering all of my Phenomenal Woman palette options. Mine is knit in Blue Christmas, and I'm planning my next one for Garcia Girls!
- All of Jacqui's video tutorials to guide you in knitting this intermediate skill level sweater (which are part of the pattern)
- Care and attention to dye your yarn in sister pots, to ensure as close a match as possible for hand-dyed yarn
- A sweater quantity discount already built in (your yarn bundle is 10 percent off the individual skein price).
What size do you need?
The pattern has 12 sizes. Most patterns are sized by full bust circumference, but Water Bearer is sized based on upper bust circumference (the circumference right under your armpit). To get a sense of how this sweater might fit you, check out the test-knitting round-up on Jacqui's blog.
Designer's note: The most critical fit is in the shoulders, and the pattern includes bust darts to accommodate a range of bust differences at each size.