A Little Skein project bag is for the knitter who loves making and reading with equal passion.
You put your knitting and your time into a project bag, and we put in kindness, good feelings, and an authentic connection to a story you love.
The process begins in my San Francisco home studio. First, I work with an artist to illustrate a theme for the story we’re celebrating. Then, I print the design on a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric, and my team and I begin sewing.
• Be inspired every day. You don’t need a special occasion to use special things. A Little Skein bag is like a favorite book that fills you with happy memories every time you see it.
• Delight in beauty. Our handmade touch is distinct, from covered zipper ends to fully enclosed seams. When you use your Little Skein bag, you will know that it has been made with expert care, designed to last for years.
• Feel good about what you buy. We believe in people who work creatively, and we put these values into everything we do. Your project bag is made by a team who are compensated fairly for their expert craftsmanship, from the artist who draws the illustration to the person who hand-wraps your bag.
Size info and more on the tabs (above).
Each knitter’s process is as unique to them as their final project so we make project bags that suit how you like to knit. There are options for knitters who like to travel light, who need a bigger bag to keep their supplies all together, or who want to add a just little more to their project bag like a book or notions pouch.
Sock n' book totes:
• Our most lightweight bag for on-the-go knitting
• Holds 1 skein plus a small book
• Capacity for approx. 120 cubic inches
• 9” tall and 4” wide when flat, with a rectangular bottom
• Built-in sturdy cotton handles so you can loop the bag over your arm while knitting from it
• Open top for easy knitting while standing
Beauty in difference. Each bag is carefully handcrafted, so there will be some variation in where the fabric print is placed and minor variations in size or shape. We think that’s part of what makes each bag perfect – they’re not identical.
Care for your Little Skein bag as you would a fine sewn garment. It can be washed if needed, and advice on washing is in my FAQ.
Do you have allergies? I keep a well-organized and sparkling studio, without scents or stray threads. But the studio is also beagle-friendly. I keep Molly safely away from sewing and packing, but if you are highly allergic to dogs, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.
I am almost obsessed with these bags! So well made adorable!
This is the perfect size for a small project. It is fabulous quality. It’s going to be a fave for years to come!
Love it so much! Resisting the urge to order a second one because my son keeps running off with it to hold his knitting!
The fabric couldn't be cuter, super great quality, and I love that it's a different sort of project bag. Excited to play around with it, especially for travel. Also helped soothe my "Whinebeck" woes :)
I was so glad I didn’t hesitate to order...it’s so darn cute!!!