There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.
Sometimes, all you need to feel delightfully happy are the comforts of being at home and a soothing knitting project.
Paintbox Wrap is all of these things: simple, easy knitting, delightful color changes, and the perfect shape to wrap around yourself for warmth and color.
• Inspired by Jane Austenand her ability to take ordinary life and make it extraordinary, the wrap is a simple shape: a rectangle knit on the bias to form a parallelogram.
• The stitches are simple, yet satisfying. Ordinary increases, decreases and yarn-overs create a gently waving lace pattern inspired by some of Jane's own needlework, separated by bands of garter stitch.
• With a colorful set of mini-skeins and your favorite neutral, Paintbox becomes a satisfyingly complex project, full of color and style—like Jane’s deceptively domestic novels, where there is so much more than meets the eye.
Details about what's in the kit on tab 2 (above).
Your kit includes all the yarn you need to make Paintbox in exactly the colors and size shown. You'll receive:
• Immediate PDF download plus a Ravelry code in your kit box
• All the yarn you need to knit Paintbox:Full skein of "Great Highway" our mid-tone grey coordinating neutral
7 mini-skeins (25g each) for your stripes to make the medium size wrap.
• Emma's Tea Rose
• Tea at Pemberley
• Shall We Dance
• Fresh-Faced Bennet Sisters
• Not One Heartbeat
Kits are ready to ship and you'll be able to cast on within a few days.
The finished wrap and yarn requirements are:Medium | MC: 415 yards | CC: 7 mini-skeins, 25g/100 yards each
I love my Paintbox Wrap kit. The yarn is beautiful and I am eager to cast on this project.
Beautifully packaged kit. The yarn is fabulous and is a delight to knit. It brings me such joy to be working on this project!
I love this kit. All the different colors of yarn are beautiful and it's so nice and soft. Beautiful presentation and fast shipping. Everything I have ordered from Anne ( it's been a lot ) is top quality and is always a treat to receive. Thank you Anne !
Presentation, presentation, presentation! I tracked the package with anticipation and greeted its arrival with glee (truly, with glee!). First fun thing, a little skein sticker on the mailing box to confirm it was what I was waiting for...on opening the box, my eyes were presented with teal tissue paper enclosing my special purchase. Carefully, I opened the tissue to reveal a postcard sized picture of the completed product directing me to the pattern, a lovely Pride and Prejudice note card (that went right into my card stash) and the yarn!!! It is all that I had hoped for and more. I purchased Set 002 and the colors are rich and deep and soft and elegant. I was going away for the weekend, but the entire box was popped right into my suitcase, I could not leave it behind. The main color was wound that evening and I began. I am looking forward to showing off my wrap soon, stay tuned! I will also be shopping at little skein in the big wool again soon.
This kit is stunning! I purchased Set 001 and love, love, love the colors and the wonderfully soft wool!