A Little Skein project bag is for the knitter who loves making and reading with equal passion.
You put your knitting and your time into a project bag, and we put in kindness, good feelings, and an authentic connection to a story you love.
The process begins in my San Francisco home studio. First, I work with an artist to illustrate a theme for the story we’re celebrating. Then, I print the design on a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric, and my team and I begin sewing.
• Be inspired every day. You don’t need a special occasion to use special things. A Little Skein bag is like a favorite book that fills you with happy memories every time you see it.
• Delight in beauty. Our handmade touch is distinct, from covered zipper ends to fully enclosed seams. When you use your Little Skein bag, you will know that it has been made with expert care, designed to last for years.
• Feel good about what you buy. We believe in people who work creatively, and we put these values into everything we do. Your project bag is made by a team who are compensated fairly for their expert craftsmanship, from the artist who draws the illustration to the person who hand-wraps your bag.
Size info and more on the tabs (above).
Each knitter’s process is as unique to them as their final project so we make project bags that suit how you like to knit. There are options for knitters who like to travel light, who need a bigger bag to keep their supplies all together, or who want to add a just little more to their project bag like a book or notions pouch.
• Ideal for 1 skein projects
• Interfaced with extra-lofty fleece, which keeps sharper sock needles from poking through
• Capacity of approx. 62 cubic inches
• 10” wide and 7.5” tall, with a rectangular bottom
• Zipper closure to keep your project safe while also making sure not to catch or snag your yarn
• Optional wristlet handle for knitters who like to carry their knitting bag all by itself
Beauty in difference. Each bag is carefully handcrafted, so there will be some variation in where the fabric print is placed and minor variations in size or shape. We think that’s part of what makes each bag perfect – they’re not identical.
Care for your Little Skein bag as you would a fine sewn garment. It can be washed if needed, and advice on washing is in my FAQ.
Do you have allergies? I keep a well-organized and sparkling studio, without scents or stray threads. But the studio is also beagle-friendly. I keep Molly safely away from sewing and packing, but if you are highly allergic to dogs, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.
Oh how I love this bag❤️ I was waiting for a pattern to really call out to me and this was it and did not disappoint. Thank you! And the art work is fabulous. Love this artist and enjoy following her now!!
Love my Leaping Llama bags. Very nicely made and just perfect as a gift for Christmas!
Returning customer. Love Anne's bags. I especially live her sock bags. The fabric design is always beautiful and this is my favorite. The size is perfect and beautifully made. Very fast service, too. Thanks Anne for another "5 Star" bag! Denise
Great bag! Wish I had ordered the wristlet with it. Perfect size for socks!
Lovely bag! Quality fabrics, beautiful details. Nicely padded, so your work and tools are protected. Just the right size so there is enough room for everything you need for your sock or small project. Well done!