A Little Skein project bag is for the knitter who loves making and reading with equal passion.
You put your knitting and your time into a project bag, and we put in kindness, good feelings, and an authentic connection to a story you love.
The process begins in my San Francisco home studio. First, I work with an artist to illustrate a theme for the story we’re celebrating. Then, I print the design on a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric, and my team and I begin sewing.
• Be inspired every day. You don’t need a special occasion to use special things. A Little Skein bag is like a favorite book that fills you with happy memories every time you see it.
• Delight in beauty. Our handmade touch is distinct, from covered zipper ends to fully enclosed seams. When you use your Little Skein bag, you will know that it has been made with expert care, designed to last for years.
• Feel good about what you buy. We believe in people who work creatively, and we put these values into everything we do. Your project bag is made by a team who are compensated fairly for their expert craftsmanship, from the artist who draws the illustration to the person who hand-wraps your bag.
Size info and more on the tabs (above).
Each knitter’s process is as unique to them as their final project so we make project bags that suit how you like to knit. There are options for knitters who like to travel light, who need a bigger bag to keep their supplies all together, or who want to add a just little more to their project bag like a book or notions pouch.
Sweater boxes are our newest size:
• Designed to hold your sweater-in-progress and 1-2 skeins of yarn for on-the-go sweater knitting
• 8” wide, 13” long and 6” tall with a rectangular base
• Capacity of approx. 585 cubic inches
• Interfaced with extra-lofty fleece, which lets the bag squish down so it can be folded and stored away safely, but enough heft to stand upright when full.
• Built-in fabric handle so you can carry your box wherever you need to
Care for your Little Skein bag like you would a fine sewn garment. Use it with pleasure, take care to keep it clean, and know that it can be washed when needed. If your bag ever gets stained, I recommend spot cleaning with a Tide stick. If you need to wash it, machine wash on gentle cycle with a mild detergent and cold water wash/cold water rinse. Let dry naturally and iron with a very hot iron. More advice on washing are in my FAQ.
Do you have allergies? I keep a well-organized and sparkling studio, without scents or stray threads. But, the studio is also beagle-friendly. I keep Molly safely away from sewing and packing, but if you are highly allergic to dogs, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.