Handmade to last.
A Little Skein project bag is for the maker who loves knitting and reading with equal passion. We create our own fabric and handcraft each bag, making space for your knitting or crafting project and also for goodness and inspiration.
Shawl zipper bags are:
• Perfectly sized for a 2 to 3 skein project
• Made from a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric
• 13" wide and 8.5" tall with a rectangular base
• Designed to last for years
• Be inspired every day. You don't need a special occasion to use special things. A Little Skein bag is like a favorite book that fills you with happy memories every time you see it.
• Delight in beauty.Our handmade touch is distinct, starting with our original, illustrated fabrics to small details like covered zipper ends and fully enclosed seams.
• Feel good about what you buy. We believe in people who work creatively and put these values into everything we do.
About shawl zip bags:
• Capacity of approx. 145 cubic inches
• Interfaced with fleece to give it enough heft to stand open when empty
• Zipper closure to keep your project safe from little hands (or paws)
• Optional wristlet handle that clips to the side of the bag for knitters who like to carry their knitting bag all by itself
The process of making your bag begins in my San Francisco home studio. First, I work with an artist to illustrate a theme for the story we’re celebrating. Then, I print the design on a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric, and my team and I begin sewing.
Beauty in difference. Each bag is carefully handcrafted, so there will be some variation in where the fabric print is placed and minor variations in size or shape. We think that’s part of what makes each bag perfect – they’re not identical.
Care for your Little Skein bag as you would a fine sewn garment. It can be washed if needed, and advice on washing is in my FAQ.
Do you have allergies? I keep a well-organized and sparkling studio, without scents or stray threads. But the studio is also beagle-friendly. I keep Molly safely away from sewing and packing, but if you are highly allergic to dogs, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.
The process of making your project bag begins in my San Francisco home studio. First, I work with an artist to illustrate a theme for the story we’re celebrating. Then, I print the design on a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric, and my team and I begin sewing.
I've been working on being frugal, both generally but also with respect to yarn purchases this year - and the pandemic only heightened the prudence of this practice.
Have you ever seen something delightful, and begrudgingly decided to not get it, because prudence/etc. That's what happened here - I saw the Stargazer pattern several months (weeks? what does time mean anyway anymore?) ago and talked myself out of it. And did so again. Yet I found that I kept thinking about it, and every time I used the other two lovely Little Skein bags that I bought in the past, I was reminded of the exceptional quality and design cleverness.
So, pleasure prevailed over prudence - and I'm SO glad that it did. Because of course this bag is both wonderfully charming AND practical, and supporting *this* small, ethical business is important to me, too.
So cute and sturdy, love it!
For a long time. When I saw there was just one left, I knew it was time to get mine. It’s perfect for my next shawl project, which will be Bibliophile with the five skein mini set. Little Skein’s bags are always well made, durable and the best designs!
It’s honestly the best size project bag for more than just shawls. Holds a LOT of things and I have basically turned it into my handbag/purse since it can hold so much! If you’re on the fence about the matching detachable handle, DO IT! Extremely well made.
This bag is beautiful! I've got 2 skeins of fingering, 2 skeins laceweight mohair, a motions pouch, and my interchangeable needle case all inside. The matching wristband is a must for me!! The bag is well constructed and very sturdy.