The Do-Re-Mi cowl, inspired by the classic movie The Sound of Music, has a kind of magic to it: it's incredibly easy and soothing to knit, it creates the perfect early spring accessory (warm and cozy, yet soft and spring-like), and it comes with a bonus earworm of music from the movie.
I've created brand new kits for this pattern which was originally part of My Favorite Things ebook with two brand new colorways (Von Trapp and Doe, a Deer) and one perennial favorite (Crisp Apple Strudel).
Details about what's in each kit on tab 2 (above).
Yarn and pattern kits ($66) include:
• Cowl pattern: You can download your PDF right away, and you'll also get a Ravelry code in your kit.
• 2 skeins of our House Merino DK yarn: I am especially delighted to bring my personal dye style to this beautiful cowl from our "My Favorite Things" collection.
Luxe kits ($120) are currently sold out, but we will be restocking them later this spring. Luxe kits include your pattern, 2 skeins of yarn plus:
• Sound of Music drawstring project bag (with an option to upgrade size; please allow 2-3 weeks for other sizes to be sewn to order)
• Perfectly themed set of stitch markers
• Perfectly themed progress marker
• Busy, Happy Hands hand balm, made for us by Wax & Wool.
• If you already own a copy of the Do-Re-Mi pattern, please let me know in the "notes" section. I'll refund $6 of your kit price.
• If you upgrade your project bag, please allow 2-3 weeks for it to be sewn for you.
I love the Sound of Music cowl kit in the crisp apple strudel colorway. The yarn is scrumptious, both in hand and color! The pattern is fun and has a very rhythmic feel as I knit it. This is my first bag from Little Skein and it is beautifully made and really takes me back to the feeling I had singing "My Favorite Things" in my bedroom as a little girl, accompanied by my the movie soundtrack on my little phonograph. The little extras are lovely as well, the stitch markers and progress keeper. I absolutely love it all! Thanks so much!
I was so delighted by my Sound of Music cowl kit, that I audibly gasped as I pulled each perfect item from the box. Everything is so thoughtfully created and planned and that attention to detail always surprises me even though I have ordered from Little Skein quite a few times. Annie is truly a maker who loves what she does and we are so lucky that she shares her creativity with us. Bonus points that my non-knitting partner also loved the kit because she is a HUGE Sound of Music fan. So, she's getting the cowl in the beautiful Von Trapp colorway!