Fall in love with Anne of Avonlea all over again.
While rural Canada at the turn of the 20th century may seem a far cry from modern life today, it’s not so far, not really. Through each adventure, Anne of Avonlea shows us the beauty of the natural world and that it’s enough to just be yourself: bookish, sentimental and full-hearted.
Avonlea is a generous crescent shawl that brings to life the Anne series by Lucy Maud Montgomery. Our kit embraces you in the same way the books do: with beauty, grace and ease. It uses two skeins of yarn that speckle and fade. In this way, the shawl design and the yarn dyeing go hand-in-hand.
We will be making kits to suit all budgets all summer long, and on this page you can customize the perfect kit. See the second tab (above) for a complete list of what's in each type of kit.
Please note: This is a pre-order and will ship in approx. 8 weeks (~early August).
• Shawl pattern: You will receive an immediate pattern download and a Ravelry code in your kit box.
• Two skeins of hand-dyed Merino Sport: Choose from two of our Avonlea-inspired colorway pairings. Both sets speckle and fade.Little Skein Merino Sport
• Avonlea project bag: The base price includes a drawstring bag, but you can also upgrade to any other size.
• Perfect notions bundle: Themed stitch markers, progress marker, Raspberry Cordial tin, Anne of Green Gables page flags, and an Anne-themed notecard.
Yarn & pattern kits include just that: immediate PDF pattern download, Ravelry code in your kit box, and two skeins of our hand-dyed Merino Sport in the color pairing of your choice.
Knit from Stash kits include everything a luxe kit does, except the yarn.
Our pre-order timeline is a bit longer than usual with this kit to allow for summer vacation. I'll be ordering supplies while away from the studio and will start dyeing and sewing just as soon as I return. Thanks so much for pre-ordering; I expect they will begin shipping in early August.
* Where more than one item is shown, it's to showcase different features. Your kit includes just one of everything. Except the yarn, of course. It takes two beautiful skeins to knit Avonlea.
• LUXE kits are our signature and include absolutely everything from the collection. Two skeins of hand-dyed yarn, shawl pattern, illustrated project bag, and a suite of notions that perfectly evoke Anne of Avonlea. You also save a bit over purchasing each item individually.
$128 | ready-to-ship or preorder
If you want to customize your kit (such as change the size of the project bag), please pre-order.
• YARN & PATTERN kits include exactly this: two skeins of hand-dyed yarn in my new Avonlea colorways and a PDF pattern (immediate download + a Ravelry code in your kit box).
$66 | pre-order only
• KNIT FROM STASH is a great option if you want to knit with yarn from your stash but would also like the pattern, project bag and a suite of themed notions. These kits include everything a luxe kit does except the yarn.
$76 | pre-order only
• A LA CARTE Everything in the collection is available individually, so you can be part of the Avonlea experience by purchasing just the pattern or building a bundle that suits your budget.
from $6 | mostly pre-order