Handmade to last in a knitter's favorite fabric: wool.
I love working with other makers and am thrilled to introduce this notions pouch to the shop. It's similar to our own dumpling notions pouch (just a bit more curved) and is made of lusciously thick wool felt.
Wooly dumplings are made for us by Byrd & Belle, a small and hardworking team in Minneapolis, who specialize in beautifully made and thoughtfully designed wool felt products.
This particular dumpling bag is big enough to carry your essential notions without taking up too much room in your project bag.
• Be inspired every day. You don’t need a special occasion to use special things. A Little Skein bag is like a favorite book that fills you with happy memories every time you see it.
• Delight in beauty. The handmade touch of everything we carry is distinct, from covered zipper ends to fully enclosed seams. When you use your Little Skein bag, you will know that it has been made with expert care, designed to last for years.
• Feel good about what you buy. We believe in people who work creatively, and we put these values into everything we do. Your project bag is made by a team who are compensated fairly for their expert craftsmanship, from the artist who draws the illustration to the person who hand-wraps your bag.
Size info and more on the tabs (above).
Sizes to match your knitting process, not just your project.
Each knitter’s process is as unique to them as their final project so we make project bags that suit how you like to knit. There are options for knitters who like to travel light, who need a bigger bag to keep their supplies all together, or who want to add a just little more to their project bag like a book or notions pouch.
• Elegant curved top
• Ideal for holding your notions
• Made of 3mm 100% wool felt
• Carry a surprising number of items: my own bag holds my scissors, stitch marker tins, tape measure, needle gauge, fabric gauge, hand balm and progress markers.
• 6.5” long and 3.6” tall, with a squared bottom
• Zipper closure
Care for your Wooly dumpling bag as you would a fine sewn garment. It can be spot-cleaned if needed, and advice on washing is in my FAQ.
Do you have allergies? I keep a well-organized and sparkling studio, without scents or stray threads. But the studio is also beagle-friendly. I keep Molly safely away from sewing and packing, but if you are highly allergic to dogs, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.