Handmade to last.
A Little Skein project bag is for the maker who loves knitting and reading with equal passion. We create our own fabric and handcraft each bag, making space for your knitting or crafting project and also for goodness and inspiration.
Drawstring bags are:
• Perfectly sized for a 1 to 2 skein project
• Made from a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric
• 10" tall and 5" wide when flat, with a square bottom
• Designed to last for years
• Be inspired every day. You don't need a special occasion to use special things. A Little Skein bag is like a favorite book that fills you with happy memories every time you see it.
• Delight in beauty.Our handmade touch is distinct, starting with our original, illustrated fabrics to small details like covered zipper ends and fully enclosed seams.
• Feel good about what you buy. We believe in people who work creatively and put these values into everything we do.
About drawstring bags:
• Capacity of approx. 250 cubic inches
• Plenty of room to fold over the top and knit from it like a yarn bowl
• Squishable, so you can easily pop it into a purse for knitting on the go
• Drawstring closure to keep your project safe from little hands (or paws)
• Canvas bottom so that inevitable scuffs or stains won’t show
• Optional wristlet handle that clips to the side of the bag for knitters who like to carry their knitting bag all by itself
The process of making your bag begins in my San Francisco home studio. First, I work with an artist to illustrate a theme for the story we’re celebrating. Then, I print the design on a substantial cotton-linen blend of fabric, and my team and I begin sewing.
Beauty in difference. Each bag is carefully handcrafted, so there will be some variation in where the fabric print is placed and minor variations in size or shape. We think that’s part of what makes each bag perfect – they’re not identical.
Care for your Little Skein bag as you would a fine sewn garment. It can be washed if needed, and advice on washing is in my FAQ.
Do you have allergies? I keep a well-organized and sparkling studio, without scents or stray threads. But the studio is also beagle-friendly. I keep Molly safely away from sewing and packing, but if you are highly allergic to dogs, please be aware that your bag will not be hypoallergenic.
Preorders ship in approximately 2-3 weeks.
I received my order today and it is absolutely beautiful! It is sturdy, but perfect, like everything I have ordered from Anne. I still use each project bag I ordered and look forward to what she creates in the future.
This Pooh bear project bag is so beautifully crafted and carefully made. This is the perfect size for a 2-3 skein project, like a shawl or cowl and is just right for taking your knitting on the go or keeping it tidy in your favorite knitting corner at home. You can tell that thought, time, and care was put into every aspect of the process and I appreciate that so much. Thank you, Anne, for all of the good and beauty you put into the world. I'm excited to use this bag for many years to come!
I have been a Little Skein fan from the very beginning Etsy days, and I have been waiting for a simple, beautifully made linen sack, voluminous and spacious but delicate and fun to carry around. My Pomeranian also likes to lie next to it snuggled up close. I should have ordered more than one! Thank you Anne! xoxoxo
A very cute and sturdy bag
I enjoy a surprise and the mystery bags didn’t disappoint. I bought a shawl bag that comfortably fits the 5 balls I’m using for my current project and a drawstring bag for smaller, on the go project. Highly recommended, the quality is superb